Have you ever searched the web for a place where other Homelite saw owners could communicate, share pictures of their saws and ask for help with their saws? Obviously there is Facebook, but honestly, how many more misspelled, grammatically incorrect, nonsensical posts do you want to read? Besides, forums inherently offer much better organization of information and offer better search ability. There's a better option for Homelite fans: the House Of Homelite forums hosted through ProBoards! House Of Homelite has been out there for over a decade, but kind of fell on some hard times the past 5 years as original members dispersed, several key members passed away and the original owner moved on to other interests. The past few years, a few of us "die-hards" have refused to let the forum wither away and now there's been a huge change: House Of Homelite is under new ownership! That's right, I've purcahsed the forum and already there's been some great changes and upgrades.
- The outdated vendor boards have been removed and replaced with boards for active members with parts & services to offer Homelite fans.
- The various spammers that worked there way in have had their posts removed and are permanently banned. New spammers will face the same fate.
- The Homelite chainsaw "family" categories have been expanded and in some cases broken into more detailed groups. Here we will try to capture as much model specific information as possible to make it easier to find down the road.
- The Hardware Store has been cleansed of years of out of date for sale & want ads. Going forward, these sections will be maintained by regularly removing out of date ads so that only current ads are seen.
- New moderators have been appointed to help keep the board organized and free of rif-raff. I visit multiple times each day, but it never hurts to have help. Additionally, these members are two of the most kind and helpful people I've met on the web. When you see undee70ss or sweepleader respond to one of your posts, you know you're going to get a quality answer.
- A new link has been added to the navigation bar called "Recently Updated Posts". Clicking this will give you an easy to browse list of all new posts.
- A new board has been added to the Hardware Store for posting interesting Homelite equipment found on Ebay & craigslist. This is intended to help other members find the parts or saws that they are looking for.